Sunday, August 5, 2012

Salaveya Finished

Salaveya

Graphite and Charcoal on Canson Grain
8x10"

I haven't been posting "more" regularly... that is weeks would go by without putting up anything new. It is still quite hectic around here as we all have been juggling several things at once, like cleaning up our house which we had badly neglected since my dad had the stroke last year. But speaking for myself, I really miss doing still life works that I'm spending some time thinking up and sketching some good compositions. 

Anyway, this has been a fun-filled progress for me and I just love how it turned out! Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Pencils and Paint said...

This is beautiful, David. I enjoyed watching it come together in your previous posts. It was well worth waiting for.

I can so understand your situation, as similar is occurring here. Finding time to draw or paint is difficult some days; not possible on others due to juggling so many other responsibilities at once. But for me, as I am sure it is with you, family is precious and must always come first. At the end of the day it is so good to be able to relax with paper and pencil. Even if I only spend 5 minutes on a piece, I feel like I've accomplished something. Takes much longer to finish the work, but I sometimes think I learn more this way...just taking it a bit at a time and making those few minutes count.

Take care, my friend. My best wishes to you and yours. :o)