Sunday, July 10, 2011

Old Tradition - Stage 2

 Charcoal on Canson Grain paper
6 x 8

Before I forget, like in the previous post, this is my little interpretation of "Challenge No. 2". The background is a concrete wall - at least, that is how I hope it will look like. I think, cracked, unpainted concrete seem to have more character and drama than perfect, white ones. And adding some random scratches and patches of dark areas to it further contribute to the oldness of its appearance.

The drawing's title sounds fitting for the the subjects - crackly concrete wall and tea being served in a small teacup...hmmm...

1 comment:

Pencils and Paint said...

I love seeing your work in progress, David. It's amazing to me how you start with a simple line drawing and end by having it look so life-like. Thanks for sharing! :o)