Sunday, February 6, 2011

Portrait of Hedy Lamarr

This week, we give the spotlight to.... Hedy Lamarr. I know, she is not as popular as the others featured here, but I've watched a few of her films and I think she was a great actress.

                                     8 x 10 inches (20 x 25 cm)
                                Graphite pencil on Canson Grain

I had a hard time drawing the hair, resulting in several erasures. Hmm... in the end, I'm still not pleased with the outcome of the hair. But I'm quite satisfied with the face. I really need more practice on the hair - like they said 'practice makes perfect'.

                                      (Image is from Doctormacro)              
       Hedy Lamarr in "Tortilla Flat" with Spencer Tracy (Not shown in photo)

Hedy Lamarr was an Austrian actress before making it to Hollywood. She starred in films opposite big stars like James Stewart and Spencer Tracy among others. I think that's about it, as I said I've only watched a few of her films so I only know a little about her movie appearances.

No comments: