Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Rose No. 13 Completed and A Year-End Recap of the ACEO Flower Drawings...

Rose XIII
 Graphite on Canson Grain paper
2.5 x 3.5"
US$15 - free shipping worldwide via Registered Airmail
To purchase this drawing, please email me at
artistdavidte@gmail.com

I think I'll call it finish at this stage. I'll call this Rose No. 13, since I just learned that the previous one which is untitled is also a rose (Rose No. 12). I really like how this one turned out. This, along with the three previous drawings might well be another series, kind of a series within a series. Since I like how they have turned out, I may do a few more in this style next year. Meanwhile, I'm spending the rest of December working on a larger piece and planning a couple more bigger drawings - so I don't start the year off dry. This drawing is like a final examination, putting to the test all I have learned during the school year.

The "100 ACEO Flower Drawings" series was started in 2009 while searching for a niche that can easily make my drawings distinguishable from other works. I had been looking at other artists' works to give me ideas to incorporate into my art. Ideas I could combine into something unique and call it my own. I've learned a lot from these little drawings which would be handy to use in the larger drawings next year :D

Below are photos featuring all of the available ACEO Flower Drawings.






 

Here's a little something to wrap up the year 2010!


Best wishes to all for the Holiday seasons and a safe and blessed new year ahead!

1 comment:

Pepe said...

ERES UN GRAN ARTISTA, FELICIDADES POR ESAS COSAS TAN BONITAS QUE DIBUJAS